happily shared via On The Record
To make sure our online Social Media Training Bootcamp stays timely, I spoke to social media marketing analyst Brian Solis about his new book What’s the Future of Business – Changing the Way Business Create Experiences, which redefines the key elements of an effective social media strategy.
If you haven’t read it yet, the new book advances his “shareable moments” concept into a framework for social media engagement by identifying when, what and how organizations can best shape the dynamic customer journey, suggesting social media marketing should be about shaping intentional experiences or the experiences customers have through experience architecture.
If you’re not farmiliar with Brian, he’s a principal at Altimeter Group, which is a research and advisory firm. He’s also a keynote speaker and the author of two best-sellers The End of Business as Usual and Engage!
Prior to Altimeter, he founded FutureWorks, a marketing agency focused on digital media, branding, and business strategy. He also created The Conversation Prism in 2008, an infographic categorizing the various social media categories and the companies that provide those services.
Brian Solis interview covers:
- Overarching social media management strategy
- Intentional experiences and how organizations and individuals put together an experiential strategy
- The dynamic customer journey
- The 4 moments of truth
- Impact of connected consumers and connected audiences on industries
- Connecting social media marketing with customer service
- Shaping intentional experiences through enterprise wide digital literacy
- Why the sales funnel is dead
- Practical tips for listening to customer experiences
- Om Malik and finding the soul of big data
- Newsle, Linkedin and the future of interoperability